From CBN News Saturday morning, October 6, 50 years since the Yom Kippur War started with a similar attack on October 7, 1973:
“Israel is at war,” said Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu after Israelis woke up under attack by air, land, and sea on Saturday, their Sabbath.
Sirens blared as more than 2,000 rockets launched at Israel from the Gaza Strip attempted to pummel the Jewish state, and Israelis ran for bomb shelters early on Saturday. By evening, Gaza terrorists had launched roughly 3,000 rockets at Israel. At the same time, a combined offensive including truckloads of dozens of armed terrorists infiltrated through the border into southern Israel by land, para-gliders entered by air, and others by sea.
At least 200 Israelis are reported dead and at least 1,000 wounded, some critically. Some areas were reported to have fallen under complete control of Hamas. By evening, the IDF was still fighting terrorists in 22 locations inside Israel.
Let’s pray immediately and fervently for…
- * Peace of Jerusalem and all of Israel (Psalm 122:6)
- * Pray for the protection of innocent civilians and those defending Israel
- * Comfort for those mourning victims of these attacks and those who are searching for lost and missing loved ones who may have been held hostage or harmed
- * Unity among the church and the friends of Israel around the world to pray for Israel
Expect to see “all Israel saved” (Romans 11:26) after a great number of Gentiles come to salvation, with the further result of a much greater end-time harvest (Romans 11:11-15).
For a more comprehensive prayer list here are more points to pray for:
- * Protection of Israeli fighters as they defend the victims of this demonic attack
- * Protection of innocent Jews, Arabs, and international civilians in Israel
- * Protection of innocent Arabs in Judea and Samaria (aka the West Bank)
- * Special protection and encouragement to Arab Christians in Judea, Samaria, and Galilee
- * Special protection of Messianic Jews in all of Israel
- * Psalm 91 protection, power, and promises for all who are working on their God-assignments but have not fulfilled them, including those who do not know Yeshua yet
- * Quick tactical military victory by the Israel Defense Forces to end the terrorist attacks in Israel, and the missile strikes on Israel, and to bring law and order and peace into all of Israel
- * Muslim jihadists in Israel to be afraid to join in the bloodshed
- * Hezbollah not to attack from Lebanon
- * Syria not to attack on the Golan Heights, and to restrain Syrian jihadists
- * Jordan to restrain Jordanian jihadists
- * Turkey to restrain Turkish jihadists
- * Protection of innocent civilians in Gaza
- * Iran to be roundly condemned in the United Nations special meeting on Tuesday, October 10
- * Hamas, Hezbollah, and other Iranian-funded jihadist groups to turn against the Iranian Ayatollah for inciting and supplying, if not directing, this “suicide war”
- * Israel to be united to support the needed ground invasion of Gaza to extinguish the Hamas organization, get rid of all armaments and factories producing weapons, and begin changing the educational curricula so that Arab children are not taught to hate Jews and Israel
- * Godly sorrow that works repentance unto salvation in Jews, Arabs, and internationals in all of Israel, and all over the Middle East
- * Moral and spiritual victory in the Israeli population
- * Spiritual and psychological victories in all combatants and in all their loved ones
- * Diplomatic victories in the divided politics of the government of Israel
- * Normalization of relations between Israel and Saudi Arabia to forge a strong, unified agreement of moderate Sunni-led nations against Iranian “death to Israel and America” convictions
Believe for a good outcome because “God works all things together for good to those who love Him and are the ones called according to His purposes” (Romans 8:23), and this certainly includes Israel because of His covenant promises to them.
Thank God that Jesus was not only a gentle shepherd, teacher, and Redeemer in Israel during His life on earth, but that He is returning as a conquering king who will put a end to all evil (Revelation 19:11-16).